Poisonous Mushrooms Found Inside This Brand Of Oil Mushrooms: Watch Out, Here’s The One



With the end of summer, the boiling temperatures finally welcomed us to make way for much milder and cooler climates. Along with autumn, the first rains have also arrived to refresh the air and breathe life into the arid soils that this hot summer has left us. For many Italians, the autumn period means only one thing: the start of the mushroom picking campaign. There are really many people who in the last five years have approached this world and decided to take courses to become experts.

Indeed, to harvest mushrooms, there must be careful training beforehand, because it is really very simple for those who are not in the sector to be fooled by a mushroom which may seem excellent, but which actually holds some toxins inside. .quantities so high that, in the best case, it will cause us such intense pain that we will be taken to hospital as soon as possible. But, as already mentioned, this is the best case scenario: in fact, the number of individuals who do not overcome severe food poisoning caused by fungi is constantly increasing.

The news pages, especially at this time of year, are filled with such stories and, unfortunately, they don’t always have a happy ending. Even if the number of the formed population does not stop growing, there are still many who, for pleasure or for pastime, persist in going into the woods or in the countryside to collect mushrooms without knowing them well, putting themselves themselves and any other person with whom they decide to take risks, share them. But often the trap also hides where we never thought.

A few days ago the news of a young Calabrian woman who ended up in the emergency room after having ingested mushrooms in oil. The young girl presented all the symptoms attributable to classic food poisoning such as: gastrointestinal disorders, vomiting, excruciating pain, fever, chills, dizziness and even hallucinations. Mycologists from the local Health Authority carried out all the necessary investigations and decided that the poisoning was caused by the fungus Omphalotus olearius.

According to what the experts tell us, this type of mushroom is very poisonous and apparently it would seem identical to Cantharellus Cibarius, which is rather edible because it does not involve any imbalance in the human organism. The timely intervention of the doctors saved the young girl, who is still hospitalized today but finally out of danger. The ASL and all the authorities in charge took advantage of this unfortunate event to raise awareness among the population.

Exit mobile version