Entertainment

Is sparkling water bad for you? The answer leaves everyone speechless

Published

on

Drinking water may seem like such a harmless activity, however, you should not underestimate this daily gesture, and take small precautions, to be sure to consume it in quantity and in the correct way. For example, people who tend to prefer sparkling au naturel are more and more numerous, because they consider it more thirst-quenching. Let’s see together if this belief is true or not.

First of all, we must open a small parenthesis on the composition of sparkling water. So let’s start with a simple definition, which states that sparkling water is mineral water that is particularly rich in carbon dioxide. Thus, this type of product can be naturally sparkling (also called natural effervescent) when carbon dioxide is present at the origin, or water which flows as it is from the source; or artificial sparkling, when carbon dioxide is intentionally added through a process called carbonation.

Also, depending on the amount of carbon dioxide it contains, water can be defined as sparkling or slightly sparkling. Experts say that sparkling water by itself is not particularly harmful to our health, but despite this, frequent, long-term consumption can have negative effects on our body. Let’s see together what it is. First of all, it should be noted that the hydration capacity of sparkling water is the same as that of natural water, in fact in this aspect there is no difference between the two waters.

There is no difference even in the quenching ability of each of them. The greatest thirst-quenching effect, mentioned earlier, that many people experience when ingesting sparkling water is simply caused by the bubbles it contains, which tend to stimulate the taste receptors in the palate, thus giving a more great sensation of freshness in the mouth. . However, this is a temporary effect. As for the negative effects, it should be noted that sparkling water can also cause problems for the teeth, since the carbon dioxide it contains will attack the enamel.

Therefore, it is strongly advised not to consume it during meals and to use a straw to drink it, this way you will avoid direct contact with the teeth. Also, secondly, sparkling water contains more minerals, such as sodium, magnesium, potassium and calcium, than natural water, and this, although it may seem, is not at all a advantage. As they are inorganic minerals and therefore difficult for our body to assimilate, causing problems such as water retention.

Exit mobile version